As many people know coffee is a must-have all over the world. People drink coffee for many different occasions. A lot of people who drink coffee use it to wake up and get through the busy day ahead while for others coffee provides a great way to bring friends and family closer together. Lastly, people simply drink it to relax and enjoy thee flavors and the warming experience.
The reason many people enjoy coffee is because of the caffeine that is added to it. Caffeine is known as a natural chemical. Caffeine causes the central nervous system in the human body to be alert. It revs up nerves and enhances thought processes. Those who drink coffee and experience the health benefits of coffee and caffeine will notice a boost in mood and alertness. In fact, consuming caffeine regularly has many natural alertness boosting health benefits.
Health Benefits of Coffee as an Antioxidant
Caffeine can be an alternative health treatment for many conditions. Coffee can also be part of a holistic health approach and is well known for providing beneficial antioxidants. (Antioxidants fight inflammation, an underlying cause of many chronic conditions, including arthritis, atherosclerosis and many types of cancer. ) These antioxidants naturally occur in the coffee bean. Antioxidants found in this way are great for those who are seeking an alternative treatment to their everyday health and wellbeing.
One serving of coffee will contain more antioxidants than the typical serving of juice and coffee shows more antioxidant activity than green tea and cocoa, two antioxidant superstars. The antioxidants found in coffee will help relieve inflammation. This in turn will help reduce disorders and chronic conditions that are caused by inflammation. This could include cardiovascular disease, arthritis, and many types of cancer. Decaf coffee is not what is being studied, in fact, caffeine is what provides many of the benefits of coffee. Many antioxidants are removed when the process of decaffeination takes place.
Coffee is a great part of a person’s diet. It is actually beneficial to the human body to consume a few cups a day. However, if someone has a heart condition or is sensitive to caffeine should not drink coffee. It is recommended that a person drinks two to three cups of coffee a day. This amount of coffee is the best way to receive all the health benefits but avoid many negative issues for those who consume too much caffeine, whether in person or ordering from an online coffee shop.
According to Research, the Health Benefits of Coffee to the Human Body are Extensive:
- Protection Against Cirrhosis of Liver
- Relief from IBS Symptoms
- Dehydration Prevention
- Prevention of Type II Diabetes
- Lower Chance of Gout: A study of over 50,000 men who drink coffee and those who don’t has shown that those who drink coffee are less likely to develop gout.
- Protection from Liver Cancer: People who are consuming one to three cups of coffee a day can reduce the risk of developing liver cancer by 29 percent.
- Protection from Cirrhosis
- Constipation Relief: Another benefit of Coffee on health is that it is known as a natural diuretic.
- Reduced Chance of Colorectal Cancer: People who drink coffee moderately reduce the risk of colorectal cancer by up to 26 percent. The more a person drinks, the more protected they are.
- Lower Risk of Multiple Sclerosis: Four cups a day may help keep multiple sclerosis away. Coffee is known to help inflammation naturally.
- Strong DNA: Those who drink coffee have stronger DNA and notice less spontaneous DNA strand breakage.
- Lower Risk of Heart Disease: Those who have three to five cups of coffee were at a lower risk of heart disease than those who didn’t drink or had one cup a day.
- Parkinson’s Protection: A compound found in coffee helps protect the human body from Parkinson’s Disease.
- Reduced Risk of Suicide and Depression: According to a study of female nurses, those who drank coffee were twenty percent less likely to have depression.
- Alzheimer’s Risk Lowers: The compounds in coffee have been responsible for preventing brain plaque which is believed to cause this disease.
- Increased Fiber Intake: A cup of coffee has about 1.8 grams of fiber.
- Reduced Pain: A simple cup or two of coffee can help post-workout pain. In fact, it can cut pain by up to 48 percent.
There are many health benefits of drinking coffee but it is important to keep in mind that these health benefits come from the coffee itself, not anything additional that is added. When a person adds things such as sugar and creamer, it is usually just for the flavor and sometimes has less of the health benefits of a simple black coffee. Sugar and creamer usually have a lot of calories that do not have any health benefits, so perhaps opting for a vegan coffee creamer might help. You can get them delivered monthly by choosing a service for your coffee subscription. Sugar can counteract some of the health benefits that a simple black cup of coffee will provide for the body. If something must be added, try adding just a small amount.
About Our Guest Blogger Abbey Scott:
I founded Coffee Over Cardio back in 2017. The idea started from having a bit of a coffee problem, as I was spending over $10 a day buying coffee. I quickly recognized that there wasn’t a coffee branded towards women and ran with the idea! After coming up with a few unique flavors, designing the bags, and partnering with a roaster, me and my partner launched in December 2017. I have loved coffee since I was about 15 years old. It all began as a passion project. We wanted to create a platform to support women not only with a quality cup of coffee, but a network that would help them chase their passions.
Yes, I LOVE this post. That t-shirt is pretty cute too!